Monday, February 02, 2015

"Unusually Fluffy Muffins"

So I wanted to bake something... but it had to be something I could have following a LCHF/Keto diet. I found this recipe in my Facebook feed & was intrigued. Thought I'd give them a shot. The "unusually fluffy" part is what got me. 

Here they are!


Ingredients
5 tablespoons = 75 ml coconut flour
3 eggs
2 tablespoons sparkling water
1/3 cup = 80 ml Natvia for Baking OR other powdered erythritol-based sweetener  (I used Sugar Twin's granular Sucralose)...waiting for the erythritol that I ordered to arrive!
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
  2. Line a muffin pan with sturdy paper liners.
  3. Combine the coconut flour and the baking powder in a small bowl. Mix well.
  4. Combine the eggs, sparkling water and the sweetener in a large bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
  5. Add the coconut flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
  6. Scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a stick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out dry.
  8. Let cool and serve.

This recipe made 5 good sized muffins. I baked these for exactly 20 min at 350 & they turned out perfectly.  I had even added a little vanilla to the batter & they came out tasting like golden cake mix cupcakes. (I'm not gonna lie, the texture is a little "eggy" but they were still really good. I say were because Kacie proceeded to eat all of them (I had 1). So I'd say they were a win!


Nutrition information Protein Fat Net carbs kcal
In total: 26.9 g 21.3 g 10.1 g 340 kcal
Per muffin if 6 muffins in total: 4.5 g 3.6 g 1.7 g 57 kcal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: