Thursday, February 05, 2015

NSV - "Non Scale Victories"

Well I have to say the scale isn't moving as much as I'd like...So today I'm going to touch on some non-scale victories I've been experiencing lately.

First off...I gave up sugar...Like all forms including maple syrup, honey, agave, etc. The only things I'll still have are stevia & sucralose (no haters please, it's my choice :) )  And what I've found is that my skin has cleared up remarkably. For me, it's been a really noticeable difference.  Now I can feel comfortable going out in public sans make up & not be horribly embarrassed. (Hence the make up-less pics & videos on IG & FB lately)  And when I do wear make up it's because I want to play around with colors & not because I feel like I need to cover up.

So I'm really cool with that.  That's enough motivation to not have sugar in & of itself. 

2nd:  Because of the way I've been eating I have had ZERO intestinal distress. I'm not sure if any of you know what I'm talking about but there's a meme that says "When you eat like crap, you feel like crap"  See...here it is...
And it is SOOO true.  When I'd eat "junky" food & even just carbs from bread, etc., there'd be an undeniable sense of crappiness going on. I won't get too specific but all I know is, since I've gone Low Carb, High Fat, Keto, Atkins or whatever you want to call it, I've had none of that to worry about.  So that's a win!

3rd: Things are fitting better. My work pants are getting a little loose (yay!) & the winter jacket I bought at the beginning of the season that was a little too tight & couldn't get done up all the way (because I refused to buy the next size up) FITS NOW! Yay! I'll take that.! 

So those are my little non-scale victories... it's important to think about those types of things when the scale isn't moving the way you'd  like it to.  I'm not sure why the scale isn't moving as quickly as I'd like... I know there are people that say ditch the scale altogether but I'm just not one of those people. I basically live by the scale.  I know I'm defined by the number it spits out, but I sure do like to see what it has to say every morning. Anyone else out there like that?

I'm going to get some blood work done next week to get a good baseline of things like cholesterol, to make sure I'm ok to be doing this LCHF diet & to check for thyroid issues, etc. So I'll ask her opinion about why things aren't moving as quickly as I'd like. Chances are she'll recommend a low fat diet with carbs & then I don't know what I'll do :)  But we'll see.Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: