Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Coco-Choco Bites

Needed a treat.  Well... didn't really need...just had some Sunfoods Cacao Butter that I wanted to use.

What is Cacao Butter?
The pure oil of the cacao bean, raw cacao butter consists of healthy fats including essential omega fatty acids. Easily melted, cacao butter may be added to your favorite smoothie, dessert, ice cream or chocolate creation for a rich, delicate chocolate aroma.

So I took a few ingredients & started to play a little. 


First I took 1/2 C of the cacao butter & put it in a casserole dish & melted it in the oven at 300 for a little while (til it was completely melted). Then I spooned in 3 TBSP of Nikki's Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Coconut Butter (available here), 2 TBSP of Nutiva's Coconut Manna, & 1 TBSP of Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil. It didn't melt all the way, so I melted it a bit more in the microwave (but you could place it back in the oven for a bit if you are anti-microwave).

Then I added 2 TBSP of Camino's Organic Cocoa Powder (if I still had some, I would've used Nativas Raw Cacao Powder. Don't know the difference between cocoa powder & cacao powder? Read here.
For sweetener I added 1/3 C of Sugar Twin's granular sucralose. In retrospect I would've added liquid stevia, or maybe even powdered stevia (or when my erythritol gets here I'll use that)...I say this because the sucralose DID NOT MIX WELL!!! It didn't incorporate into the mix...it just kind of stayed along the surface.  

Once I realized it wasn't going to mix I just decided to go ahead & pour the liquid into some silicone molds I had. The batch made 36.  I poured & then placed the molds into the freezer & let them set. I would recommend keeping them in the fridge or freezer to keep them nice & solid. 

Here's the result!
Yay! You can see the lines where the sucralose didn't mix.  It did, however, make that part of the chocolate a little bit crispy (if that makes sense) so if you'd be into that, go ahead & try it with the sucralose :)

So here's the recipe:

*1/2 C Cacao Butter (melted)
*3 TBSP Nikkis Coconut Butter (I used Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie)
*2 TBSP Coconut Manna
*1 TBSP Coconut Oil (could be upped a little if you wanted to)
*2 TBSP unsw cocoa powder or cacao powder
*Sweetener of choice, to taste. (I used 1/3 C Sucralose but we all know how that turned out)

*I didn't, but you could add a tsp of vanilla
* Nuts or shredded, unsw coconut could be added. The macros for this recipe do not include these though.

Macros:
(Whole recipe)
Calories: 1,718   Net Carbs: 9g   Fat: 175g   Protein: 9g

(Each, when making 36)
Calories: 47.7   Net Carbs: 0.25g   Fat: 4.9g   Protein: 0.25g

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: