Sunday, May 09, 2010

Cheating on Your Diet = Getting the Flu

Now, that may not actually be true, but all I know is... Friday was the worst day for eating I`ve had so far.  I knew it was going to happen sometime, & Friday was the day.  It started with me not being prepared & having lunch at work with me.  I went to Tim Hortons & got a Turkey sandwich, diet pepsi & apple fritter (which, after I looked at the nutritional guide, I realized I should NOT have gotten either of those things)

Then it was down hill from there in terms of the following:

Vanilla Bean Frappucino (no whip) from Starbucks & for some reason ANOTHER Apple Fritter, way too many of the Hersheys 100 calorie cookie bar snacks, a Hamburger & a Hot Dog for dinner & then more 100 calorie snack packs (just so you know, it`s not effective snacking if you`re eating more than one package in a sitting)

So the next morning I woke up & knew something was wrong.  The entire day was spent on the couch (or on or over the toilet) in agony.  I knew it was the flu because I had a fever & the chills as well, but I am also looking at it as being karma punishing me for eating so much junk.  My body did NOT feel good afterwards & I hope I will never do that again!

But the good news is, in weighing myself this morning, I weighed in at 214.5 lbs... So 4.5 lbs lost & only 69.5 lbs to go!  It`s starting to seem like a more tangible goal :)  One of my goals is to be under 200 lbs by my birthday (July 19th)  So I have 71 days to lose 15 lbs (1.5 lbs a week).  I hope I can do it!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! that is awesome that you are losing that kind of weight. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok Kell. It doesn't matter how many times you fall. What matters is that you get up every time and keep going!

    Sugar does lower your immune system immensely. It takes so much energy for your body to process it that it often leaves you susceptible to flu and colds.

    But you are doing so awesome! Don't focus on your failures. They only bring you closer to your goal by refocusing you. Focus on your awesome successes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO know what you mean.. once I fall for the day I am terrible.
    I have been really bad at not counting my points on paper.. I mentally count them but I KNOW I am going over..
    I am however, finally NOT sick with a sinus infection and have been back out getting my walk/jogs in.. Building up to 5K run and then MAYBE a half marathon in August with my husband and the girls in their stroller.. I figure if he pushes the stroller it will be harder for him and I might be able to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally you can do it! And one cheat day only defeats you if you give up because of the one cheat day. xo

    ReplyDelete

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: